Monday, April 15, 2013

I Finally Unpacked my Suitcase

Well hi there. It's been awhile since I've posted here. Embarrassed as I am for my extended digital devoid I want to get right back into updating you on the positives in my life and have SO much to catch back up on - I've been so busy but I've LOVED every second!

Since January I've pitched and secured hits with local and national media, met my first Columbus celebrity and two nationally recognized Wall Street Journal reporters (Walt Mossbert & Katie Boehret). I was inspired by presentations from and shook hands with both Max Brooks and Sebastian Thrun, pillars in the ever changing educational industry at the second largest educational technology conference in the country, OETC13. I met and led an incredible team of interns, teaching them my skills in media relations and gaining from them a revived passion for leadership and learning. We led the Social Media Command Center at OETC13 where our hashtag #OETC13 trended in Columbus, second only to the #pope!

I won $200 in Las Vegas, put my toes in the sand in Destin while there was snow on the ground for my friends back home, interviewed brand ambassadors for a street marketing campaign then traveled to South by Southwest in Austin to carry it out along with several media interviews and thought provoking panels. Last month I was away from home for 18 days on a trip to Chicago, Napa, Berkeley and LA. Check out the Tumblr I made, Eat Drink Love, to document that trip using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 I won at South by.

It's been a crazy first quarter and I'm even more excited for 2013 and beyond than I was in January! I'll do my best not to take such a long hiatus since I the whole reason I started this blog was to share my positivity and inspire some happy thoughts. The sun is shining more so let's soak up that extra Vitamin D and look for all the love in our lives!

South by Southwest Interactive

St. Patty's Day in Chicago

The most beautiful place I've ever seen - Napa, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment